Highlights and Successes
- Congratulations to Coach Kevin Palmer and The Varsity Scholastic Bowl Team on winning 3rd at the 32nd annual Masonic State Tournament and winning the IHSA Regional Competition.
- Congratulations to Coach Kevin Palmer and The Varsity Scholastic Bowl Team on winning Sectionals and advancing to the IHSA State Competition.
- Congratulations to March English Student of the Month Haley Dirkes-Jacks.
- Congratulations to this week’s Viking Pride recipients: Christian Bergstrom, Elle Bilissis, Gretchen Coleman, Jessica Fishburn, Pat Geregach, Hannah Jaros, Abby Kobilarcik, Jenna LaPiana, Erin Lowe, Bella Luca, Morgan McKernin, Christopher Sander, Natalie Shay and Amanda Vieceli.
- Congratulations to Coaches Martin Zacharia, Dorothy Robak-Iacch, Jacqueline Dickens, Lauryn Funteas, and Michael Bruce and the Fremd Debate Team for their performance at the 2015 ICTA Novice & Junior Varsity State Championship. Awards include: Public Forum Debate: Junior Varsity Division State Champions: Eric Simon & Annie Zheng, Semifinalists: Abhay Adhyapak & Sharbik Dutta, Speaker Awards: Eric Simon (Top Speaker), Abhay Adhyapak (4th), Sharbik Dutta (7th) Novice Division, Semifinalists: Adith Palla & Rebecca Xun, Quarterfinalists: Bissem Gill & Eugene Kim, Speaker Awards: Bissem Gill (Top Speaker), Rebecca Xun (2nd), Eugene Kim (6th), and Piyush Biswas (10th) Lincoln Douglas Debate: Novice Division, Quarterfinalist: Stephanie Hu, Octafinalist: Andrew Ruan, Speaker Awards: Stephanie Hu (8th), Trent Marean (9th) Junior Varsity Division, Speaker Awards: Mingda Zhang (5th), Surya Veeravalli (7th), Student Judges, Best Ballot: Angie Peng (1st), Sindhu Battula (3rd) Congressional Debate, Junior Varsity Division, Best Legislation: Anusha Thotakura, Novice Division, Best Presiding Officer: Arash Abbas
Note: All highlights after March 20 will be listed in the next blog post.
Upcoming Home Activities and Varsity Events
Girls Badminton @ Buffalo Grove Quad - 4:30 p.m.
Girls Water Polo @ Naperville Central - 5:00 p.m.
Boys Gymnastics @ Hinsdale Central Invite - 6:00 p.m.
Girls Water Polo @ Naperville Central Invite - 8:00 a.m.
Girls Badminton @ PHS - 8:30 a.m.
Girls/Boys Track vs. MSL Invite @ North Central College - 8:30 a.m.
Boys LaCrosse @ York Invite - 8:45 a.m.
Boys Baseball vs. Lake Zurich - 11:00 a.m.
Boys Baseball @ South Elgin - 11:00 a.m.
Boys Baseball vs. Prairie Ridge - 10:00 a.m.
Boys Baseball vs. Naperville Central @ Lenz Field, Jacksonville, IL - 5:00 p.m.
Boys Baseball vs. Glenbard North @ Lenz Field, Jacksonville, IL - 10:00 a.m.
Boys Gymnastics @ RMHS - 4;30 p.m.
Boys Baseball vs. Cary Grove - 4:30 p.m.
Boys Water Polo @ PHS - 5:30 p.m.
Girls LaCrosse vs. St. Charles East - 7:00 p.m.
Girls Water Polo @ PHS - 7:30 p.m.
Girls Badminton @ Prospect - 4:30 p.m.
Girls Softball vs. Carmel - 4:30 p.m.
Boys Volleyball vs. Prospect - 6:00 p.m.
Boys LaCrosse @ Lake Zurich - 7:00 p.m.
Girls LaCrosse vs. Lake Zurich - 7:00 p.m.
Girls Softball vs. Mundelein - 4:30 p.m.
Boys Baseball @ St. Charles East - 4:30 p.m.
Boys Gymnastics vs. SHS/Elk Grove @ SHS-6:00 p.m.
Girls Soccer @ Barrington - 6:00 p.m.
Girls Water Polo vs. CHS @ Palatine H.S. - 7:30 p.m.
Boys Water Polo vs. CHS @ Schaumburg H.S. - 7:45 p.m.
Girls Badminton vs. Wheeling - 4:30 p.m.
Boys Baseball @ Glenbrook South - 4:30 p.m.
Boys Tennis @ Lake Zurich - 4:30 p.m.
Boys LaCrosse vs. CHS - 7:00 p.m.
Girls LaCrosse @ CHS - 7:15 p.m.
For a more complete list, please visit our Athletics Page.
Name: Dave Yates
Position: Math Department Chair, Girls Basketball Coach
Years at Fremd: 12????????????//
Life Before Fremd: How much time do you have? 2 years at Gordon Tech, 2 years at Lewis University, 6 years in Arizona, 1 year at Mahomet –Seymour and then came to Fremd.
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, exercising, yard work
Insider Tip for Parents: Sometimes it’s hard as children grow to know how we can stay involved in their lives and academics. We go from being present as helpers in their kindergarten classes to having to show our ID just to get into the building at high school. We as teachers want you involved! Join the teachers’ schoology website, email the teachers with questions you have, attend open house, volunteer thru the booster club, follow their grades online……be active in the school community. The four years go by fast, as I know well. We want you involved.
Ask the PrincipalAre you curious about something at Fremd but have never asked? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your question is pertinent to a wider audience, I will include it in the next blog post.