Winter Sports Awards
The Winter Sports Awards Night is Monday March 7th at 7pm in the main gym. As with every Sports Awards, we are asking parents to sign up and bring in cookies for a post event snack. You can drop them off at the tables in the main hallway on your way into the ceremony.
With over 400 participants this fall, we will need well over 80 dozen cookies to have enough for the kids and their families.
Please sign up for Winter Sports Awards Cookie Signup!
Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/7Bj6XK
2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on VolunteerSpot)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots - VolunteerSpot will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.
Viking Booster Club Scholarships
The Viking Booster Club is proud to announce they will be awarding between 15 and 20 scholarships in the amount of $1,000 each to the 2016 graduating senior class. The recipients will be chosen on the basis of their accomplishments in the areas of Leadership, Community Service, School Activities, and an All Around category.
We encourage ALL seniors that are planning on furthering their education at four year colleges and universities, as well as, community colleges and trade schools to apply. This scholarship opportunity is not based upon financial need or academics. The family only needs to be a member of the Booster Club. Applications must be completed and returned to the collection box in the Fremd Student Services Office in a sealed envelope no later than 3:00 pm Friday, April 1, 2016. Instructions for completing the application can be found on the Booster webpage.
Highlights and Successes:
- Congratulations to Fremd Automotive Technology students, CJ Hoy and Alex Wysocki, for taking top honors at the UTI Top Tech Challenge. Fremd’s other team, Dom Wrobel and Brody Martin, placed tenth out of 25 teams from Illinois and Wisconsin.
- Congratulations to Leonard Lee for advancing to Quarterfinals in the Congressional Debate Division of the Harvard University Debate Tournament, the largest high school debate tournament in the country.
- Congratulations to the following Speech award winners at the State Competition: Devin Dionne - 5th place Radio Speaking and Jack Rosenwinkel - 6th place, Extemporaneous Speaking.
- Congratulations to wrestler Alex Jacobs on winning 2nd place at the State Competition!
- Congratulations to Coach Kristen Newby and the Boys Swimming & Diving Team on winning 4th place at the Sectional Meet. Award winners include: 3rd place and State Qualifier Diving - Zach Mega; 4th place and State Qualifier Diving - Chase Jauch; 4th place and State Qualifiers 200 Medley Relay - Tony Lee, Yoochan Lee, Nick Seroni and Nick Nevins; 6rh place 200 FR - Arnas Maciunas; 3rd place and State Qualifier 200 IM - Nick Seroni; 4th place and State Qualifier 50 FR - Kenny Benjamin; 5th place and State Qualifier 50 FR - Nick Nevins; 2nd place and State Qualifier 100 Fly - Nick Seroni; 6th place 100 Fly - Arnas Maciunas; 4th place and State Qualifier 200 FR Relay - Nick Nevins, Kenny Benjamin, Yoochan lee and Arnas Maciunas; 4th place 100 BR - Alex Schillinger; 4th place and State Qualifier 400 FR Relay - Nick Nevins, Conor Dunne, Nick Seroni and Arnas Maciunas.
- Congratulations to Coach Kevin Palmer and the Fremd Scholastic Bowl Team on winning the Fremd Masonic Sectional and advancing to the Masonic State on March 5th in Bloomington.
- Congratulations to Fremd’s new competitive showchoir, Soundscape. They won 1st place in their division at their competition at El Paso-Gridley High School.
- Congratulations to the Fremd Jazz Ensemble, Jazz Combo, Jazz Lab Band, and three a cappella choirs for their performances at the 17th annual “Jazz and Java” concert. The ensembles performed a wide variety of jazz, latin, and funk music to an almost full capacity audience in the cafeteria. The jazz bands also had the opportunity to perform with jazz trumpet virtuoso Kirk Garrison on the concert.
Upcoming Home Activities and Varsity Events
Boys Swimming & Diving State @ Evanston H.S.- 12:00 p.m.
Boys Track & Field @ Huntley H.S. - 4:30 p.m.
Girls Track & Field Quad @ Glenbard West H.S. - 9:00 a.m.
Boys Swimming & Diving State @ Evanston H.S. - 12:00 p.m.
Operation Snoball - 2:00 p.m.
Girls Super Sectional vs. Huntley @ FHS - 7:00 p.m.
Boys Basketball Regional @ Barrington H.S. - 6:00 p.m.
Girls Basketball State @ Redbird Arena - Normal
Boys Basketball Regional @ Barrington H.S. - 7:00 p.m.
Boys Track & Field @ Proviso West H.S. - 5:00 p.m.
For a more complete list, please visit our Athletics Page.
Ask the PrincipalAre you curious about something at Fremd but have never asked? Email me at email@example.com. If your question is pertinent to a wider audience, I will include it in the next blog post.