Career Pathways and the Road to Success
In order to better prepare students for their post-secondary lives, Township High School District 211 and William Fremd High School are organizing and aligning our course offerings into Career Pathways connected to 16 career clusters. The career clusters include:
- Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources
- Architecture and Construction
- Health Science
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Education and Training
- Human Services
- Government and Public Administration
- Information Technology
- Transportation, Distribution and Logistics
- Arts, Audio Visual Technology and Communication
- Business Management and Communication
- Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security
The Career Pathways are designed to help your student make educated decisions about the kinds of courses he/she will take. For any given cluster, we will list the related sequence of courses that Fremd offers. In theory, the Career Pathways will guide students to take a variety of courses in their field of interest, including capstone experiences that will help them finish high school with college credits in their pocket.
Highlights and Successes
- Congratulations to the 2 student winners for the NCTE Achievement Awards in Writing: Sydney Hill and Julia Cai. For perspective, a total of 650 juniors were nominated by their schools to participate in the 2015 program with 141 students chosen as outstanding writers. This contest is the highest writing honor a high school student may receive through NCTE.
- Congratulations to Coach Chris Grattoni and the Fremd High School Math Team for earning twelfth place at the ICTM State Competition at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign on Saturday, May 2nd. The Freshman Algebra I Team (Kevin Chen, Rose Dinh, Kashif Javid, Edward Li, Adith Palla, and Elizabeth Perez) earned tenth place. Edward Li earned first place for his individual score on the Freshman Algebra I Contest. The Freshman-Sophomore Relay Team (Rose Dinh, Lewis Oh, Claire Bowman, and Akash Mukherjee) earned tenth place. The Junior-Senior Relay Team (Mark Guo, Daniel Tokarz, Roshan Rajan, and Jun Tomita) earned eighth place. The Junior-Senior Eight Person Team (Julia Cai, Mark Guo, Angie Peng, Ann Rajan, Varshini Ramanathan, Jeemin Sim, Jun Tomita, and Jennie Yang) earned tenth place. The Precalculus Team (Nathan Cornwell, Soumyaa Mazumder, Roshan Rajan, Jeemin Sim, Jun Tomita, and Jennie Yang) earned tenth place.
- Congratulations to Coach Tim Hamman and the Boys Gymnastics Team on being MSL Conference Champions and MSL West Division Champions. Award winners include: Cole Patton: Conference Floor Exercise Champion; Eric Barnd: 2nd Place All-Around, 3rd place Pommel Horse, 3rd Place Horizontal Bar; Ryan Roth: 3rd Place Floor Exercise.
- Congratulations Coach Tim Hamman and the Boys Gymnastics Team on taking 2nd place at the IHSA Sectional Meet and qualifying for the State Meet. Individual medalists include: Cole Patton: IHSA Sectional Vault Champion, 2nd Place Floor Exercise; State Qualifier: Floor Ex. & Vault; Eric Barnd: 3rd Place All-Around, 3rd Place High Bar, State Qualifier: All-Around, Pommel Horse, Vault, High Bar; Ryan Roth: 3rd Place Floor Exercise, State Qualifier: Floor Exercise, Vault; Daniel Classon: State Qualifier: Floor Exercise, Pommel Horse, Still Rings; Sam Yim: State Qualifier: Still Rings; Nick Oyasu: State Qualifier: Pommel Horse; Chase Jauch: State Qualifier: Pommel Horse.
- Congratulations to Coach Matt Duncan and the Boys Tennis Team on taking 2nd Place at the Crystal Lake Central Tennis Tournament.
- Congratulations to Steve Elza and auto students junior Curtis Robinson and senior Samuel Robar on winning the State Championship in the Ford/AAA Autoskills competition.
- Congratulations to Coach Bob Hanson and the Girls Badminton Team on being the Sectional Champs for the 14th year in a row. Sindhuja Battula was the singles champ and Stephani Mbi and Suzi Choi doubles sectional champion. State qualifiers include Sunny Shah, Alice Zhang, Suzi Choi, Stephanie Mbi, and Sindhuja Battula.
- Congratulations to sophomore Soon Myung Hwang on receiving the President’s Volunteer Service Award. The President’s Volunteer Service Award is a national award created from the White House and presented at the Business Professionals of America (BPA) Nationals.
- Congratulations to the following Viking Pride winners: Emma Aftelak, Shannon Byerly, John Carver, Martin Chlopecki, James Donovan, Mark Kating, Trenton Marean, Alex Nicholas, Cameron Pope, Naqiya Rangwala, Rebekah Seidman, Hannah Tokarczyk, Manthra Venkatakrishnan, Ally Aichinger, Scott Allen, Courtney Baker, Anya Bhagwakar, Michael Buabeng, Nick Clark, Jiamin Huang, Lisa Kim, Kayla Lattas, Liyu Liu, Sofia Palumbo, Anne-Charlotte Ritouret, Ryan Stapleton, Isaiah Turner, Nicole Warnstedt, and Alyssa Worthem.
Upcoming Home Activities and Varsity Events
Spring Musical - 7:00 p.m. Auditorium
Girls Badminton IHSA State @ EIU
Boys Tennis MSL Conference - 3:30 p.m.
Girls Track & Field IHSA Sectionals - FHS, 4:30 p.m.
Girls Softball @ CHS - 4:30 p.m.
Boys Baseball vs. Prospect - 4:30 p.m.
Boys Track & Field MSL Conference @ Prospect, 4:45 p.m.
Boys Gymnastics IHSA State @ Hinsdale Central- 5:00 p.m.
Girls Water Polo IHSA Sectional @ SHS - 5:45 p.m.
Girls Soccer @ New Trier - 7:00 p.m.
Boys Water Polo IHSA Sectionals @ SHS - 7:00 p.m.
Prom Ticket Sales - 8:00 a.m.- 11:00 a.m. Cafeteria
Boys Tennis MSL Conference - 8:00 a.m.
Boys Volleyball vs. Viking Invite - 9:00 a.m.
Boys Baseball @ Mundelein - 10:00 a.m.
Girls Water Polo IHSA Sectionals @ SHS- 11:00 a.m.
Boys Gymnastics IHSA State @ Hinsdale Central - 12:00 p.m.
Boys Water Polo IHSA Sectionals @ SHS - 12:30 p.m.
Girls Badminton IHSA State @ EIU
Girls Softball vs. PHS - 4:45 p.m.
Boys Baseball @ Wheeling - 5:00 p.m.
Band Concert - Auditorium, 5:30 p.m.
Senior Band Recognition - 7:00 p.m.
Boys Volleyball MSL Conference - 6:00 p.m.
Girls Soccer IHSA Regionals @ FHS - 7:00 p.m.
Boys Baseball MSL Crossover - 4:30 p.m.
Girls Softball vs. MSL Conference - 5:00 p.m.
Boys Volleyball MSL Championship - 7:00 p.m.
Orchestra Concert - Auditorium, 7:00 p.m.
Yearbook Distribution - Cafeteria 4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
Boys Track & Field IHSA Sectionals @ PHS - 4:30 p.m.
Boys Baseball @ Glenbrook North - 4:30 p.m.
Girls Softball MSL Conference - 5:00 p.m.
Girls Track & Field IHSA State @ EIU
Girls Water Polo IHSA State @ Stevenson
Boys Water Polo IHSA State @ Stevenson
For a more complete list, please visit our Athletics Page.
Ask the PrincipalAre you curious about something at Fremd but have never asked? Email me at email@example.com. If your question is pertinent to a wider audience, I will include it in the next blog post.